Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 27, 2019

Finding Christmas

 A few weeks ago I wrote about finding Christmas. I was having trouble finding the feeling, the excitement, the love but the most of all I was missing the reason. Then God gave me a gift that will change my life I hope.

On the evening of December 14, I had a brain aneurysm burst. Without knowing what had happened to me, Mike took me to the ER. I was in excruciating pain and my eyelid wouldn't stay open and my face was going numb. I thought maybe it was a stroke. A trip to one er and a transfer by ambulance to another hospital, I was where I needed to be. That is when I found out that my chances to die were greater than the chances to live. God had protected me and saved my life. He put me in the hands of capable doctors that did what was needed to

I will be in the hospital for 2 more weeks. I will miss Christmas with my family. All the worry about not finding Christmas has been lifted. My right eyelid will not open on it's own. The eye is fixed and dilated and the right side of my face is numb. The doctor's say that it could possibly heal but it will take months. I don't know how long I will be off work. I just know one thing. These things don't really matter. I have my life, my family and the most wonderful friends in the world. I am so blessed.
The outpouring of love has made me feel so humble. 

No comments:

Plaxo Badge