Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Mother's Day or Money Day?

Once again it is nearing another one of those "made up for money" holidays. We call it Mother's Day. Hallmark and Teleflora calls it Cha Ching! We have been urged, pushed and shamed to shower our mothers with gifts. We have been made to believe that if we love our mother, we must spend lots of money to honor her.

 I don't need another knick knack, plaque, trophy. I don't need them to spend their money to buy me a bouquet of flowers. I would rather them spend that money on my grandchildren or themselves. My children honor me every single day. Each day they use compassion for a stranger or someone with less, they honor me. The love that they raise their children with, that honor's me. I can see that they are raising their children to be respectful and compassionate, they honor me. When I see the loving, caring parent that they have become, I am honored.

So this Mother's Day, I hope they save their money. If they want to "honor" me this day, an "I love you" and a hug will be enough. 

No comments:

Plaxo Badge