Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Birthdays and Gifts and All that stuff!




Today is my Birthday...But more importantly it is the birthday of my very precious Ashton Lloyd Mathes as well. He was born on my 46th birthday...The best Birthday present I ever did receive.

He is another of my Grandsons that fall in the Autism Spectrum. His needs are different from his brothers and cousins. I think that if you could just say Autism and have a short list of symptoms, maybe we could understand it better. Maybe they would find a cure or cause....But the spectrum is huge and there is no way one person can have all the symptoms. Heck they don't even group together the same way in two people. I am not sure how correct as far as percentages go, but in my experience with my boys and the kids at school. It surely isn't a cookie cutter diagnosis that is for sure. Well this isn't about Autism today, This is just a few thoughts on my Birthday...

I am so blessed with family and friends. I start counting foward and how much time I probably have to live...and wow...I don't know..it's not enough. So "What if?" the concept of Benjamin Buttons wasn't too far off...What if we put a different spin on that...What if you were to live your life to what you thought was half way....and then you turn around and go backwards...Live the rest of your life getting younger...So you know, you have a chance to do those "If I knew then what I know now?"moments over. I wonder how that would change your life. Maybe I could write my first book on that...Hmmm...If I ever get a book written..Do you know writing is very very hard?
I don't mean hard, I mean "WORK"....Ouch...I don't like work...just look at me now..My house is the pits, I am trying so hard to clean it, but...hear I sit writing in my blog that I have been neglecting... Things just pile up...

Hey just an update on new baby girl...She was born on Aug 15 at 5 pm...Weighing in at a very small 7 lbs 10 ounces....19" long...Beautiful black hair and a complexion that is beautiful..
Her Brothers are in love with her...My best Early Birthday present I ever got...Her name...yep they changed it...It is Lilly Michelle... I think that it will fit her....
So I think that as Birthdays come and go....I have to love this one....

No comments:

Plaxo Badge