Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011

Christmas Eve is almost over here in Oklahoma. I enjoyed spending time with my brother's and families. My children and my grandchildren, niece and nephews. My Mom had a good time I think although she was not feeling well. We had some very good food and lots of candy and goodies. Yummy... My daughter inlaw had was listening and heard us say we were missing Dad. She made us an ornament that was clear and filled it with sparkles and a picture of my Dad. It has been 8 years, but it made me cry...I guess because I am missing him right now. I would give anything to have him back. Many of my friends have felt a loss this year and I have been giving out words of comfort and telling them how it will get better. Of course it is better but you never forget them and you never stop missing them. As the days pass, you will find that you don't think about them everyday, but then when you least expect it, you can't get them off your mind. I suppose this is when they are talking to you. It really just makes you realize how you much you really miss them...I should take some of my own advice. I should get quite and listen. 

This Christmas I have been so out of sorts. I can't get anything done. I am not ready, and yet here it is. Christmas. I haven't hung the stockings or finished wrapping gifts...and yet.. it came anyways. I am going to bed now and when I wake up, I hope it all falls into place. Thankfully there are no little ones here as there are gifts scattered everywhere.

Well Good Night World...I will be back tomorrow and I bet Christmas happens whether I am ready or not...

No comments:

Plaxo Badge