Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 30, 2011

Hoping You and Your Family Have a Wonderful New Year

Here we are again, the time of year where I get very sad. Sad that the year is over and the New Year comes to take it's place. I get so depressed when one year ends. I don't really understand why.

At the beginning of every year we  make plans and we get a chance to do everything over again. The old is left behind and chances to redo and restore all that didn't get finished is what we have to look forward to. Why do you think then, that I can't accept the inevitable of time passing. Maybe it is the grief for all those things that  are left undone, incomplete. Or for chances that we never get back.

The end of the year measures in time where we are, what we have accomplished and it is a time to readjust and reevaluate what we want from life and if we are on the right track to completer our goals. When the big ball drops from the sky, we expect to make resolutions without expectations to fail. But 12 months later when it is time measure up, we have to face yet again that we are not perfect and life has once again gotten in our way to reach that state of perfection we so desire.

I was just a little girl when I became aware of time not standing still. The sense of loss at the beginning of a brand new year. Everyone seems so happy when they ring in the new year. With all the hoopla on New Year's Eve, it is hard to imagine that everyone does not feel the same way. I guess some doctors say it is Seasonal Depression...but I think that comes later in the winter. So why and what is the answer.

The thing is, time doesn't stand still and even this obsession of mine will pass. I will put a smile on my face and wake up on New Year's Day and the day after that and then the next day too. And before you know it, I will be looking forward to spring, summer, fall and then it will be Christmas and once again..and once again I will be sad to see the end of yet another year.

Since it is inevitable that time isn't standing still and the New Year will be here tomorrow night at 12:01 am, I hope that your year was full of wishes and dreams come true. That 2012 will bring you opportunities and open doors leading you into the new year.

Happy New Year



















No comments:

Plaxo Badge