Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Saturday in the Park...hmmm not

Good Morning....
Prayers go out to all of you in the path of Ike...Wow he is not a happy camper...

Did you see the View yesterday? Senator McCain and his wife Cindy were on.
I felt like they held their own with the group of Ladies.
I am a Republican and I'd say conservative. However, although I agree with Elizabeth on most issues, sometimes she makes us sound like idiots. She is so over the top. But I suppose since she is outnumbered, she feels she has to squeak louder than the other wheels.

Whoopie, is a class act. She expresses her views and she allows others to have theirs. She doesn't feel threatened because you have a different opinion.
Joy... I love her even when I don't agree with her.
Barbara has learned to keep her views to herself and just report what others tell her.
I don't mean she doesn't give her views, but she seems to let her views come in beside what she is reporting. I don't know exactly how to say what I am trying to say.

I think Sherry is more in tune with today than the others. She seems to think through every aspect of the debate. She doesn't necessarily agree with the most popular view, but she gives her reasons why ...
It is like she doesn't feel that she has to form to any one party. Each issue is judged on what it is not what it looks like to a republican or a democrat....
I really believe that is where we are as Americans. I think we should be Americans first and then figure out what party we are about.

And I think that the issue of Roe v Wade is not the most important issue at hand. I am not saying that it isn't an issue, but I don't think that this law will ever be overturned.
That issue has been settled and for all the hoopla that arises at every election, I believe their are so many other pressing issues.

I feel like the rights of the American people have been taken away one by one.
The fact that one person that feels uncomfortable when we pray at a public event can cause the rest of us to forfiet our rights...this doesn't make any sense to me at all.

And it seems to me that when we took God out of schools, we brought in Gangs, Guns and Drugs.
Kids are not taught the 10 commandments. And you know...whether you believe in God or not, how can it be wrong to teach Thou shalt not Kill, Thou Shalt not steal, Thou Shall respect your parents....And most people do believe in God. So what is the problem????? Do into others as you would do into yourselves...What is so bad with that...

I will have a lot more to say about all of this, but right now...I am going to check on Ike...


No comments:

Plaxo Badge